- Training Benefit, Motivating feedback straight after exercise is something we can all benefit from. So if you want to know the effect of different training sessions. This smart feature tells you exactly what you need to know with a quick overview after the session plus more detailed feedback via your training file or polarpersonaltrainer.com.
- Running Index, Running Index is based on heart rate and speed data measured during the run. It gives daily information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy. Improvement in running efficiency indicates improved economy of running performance.
- Speed/pace and distance Speed (km/h or mi/h) is measured with G5 GPS sensor. Pace (expressed as min/km or min/mile) stands for the rate of speed. Pace is usually used in running. By setting a target pace, you can follow how fast you need to run in order to reach a certain distance in a predefined time.
- ZoneOptimizer adjusts personal sport zones for every training session based on your current physiological condition. This feature gives you the right heart rate zones depending on your physiological state at that exact moment, making sure that the you are always training at the right intensity.
- Polar sport zones provide an easy way to select and monitor the intensity of your training and to follow sport zones based training programs. Training is divided into five zones based on percentages of your maximum heart rate: very light (50-60%HRmax), light (60-70%HRmax), moderate (70-80%HRmax), hard (80-90%HRmax) and maximum (90-100%HRmax).
- Manual Target Zone, This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Compatible with polarpersonaltrainer.com via Polar DataLink for planning, analysing and sharing your training (mapping, online training diary, analyse your training in detail, Training Load is available in Polar software. When you transfer training results from your training computer to polarpersonaltrainer.com, you can follow your training load and recovery in the training diary. Continuous monitoring of training load and recovery will help you recognise personal limits, avoid over- or undertraining, and adjust training intensity and duration according to your daily and weekly targets.
- Polar Fitness Test measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes. The result, Polar OwnIndex, evaluates your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max). With the Polar Fitness Test you can measure your aerobic fitness by yourself, automatically and without any exertion. All you need is your training computer. The Polar Fitness Test is as accurate in predicting the VO2max as any sub maximal fitness test. The test is based on heart rate and heart rate variability at rest and personal information.
- Smart Calories, Polar OwnCal calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training. This feature allows you to follow the kilocalories expended during one training session and cumulative kilocalories expended during several training sessions. Some Polar products also estimate the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, kilocalories expended from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total kilocalories burned.
Details: Remaining motivated for the full duration of any prescribed workout period is notoriously difficult, however, the Polar RCX3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor Watch provides the ability to monitor progress or lack thereof over a certain time period and with it, the encouragement and feedback that could prove vital in achieving training goals. Planning the frequency of a series of workout sessions represents one of the earlier obstacles facing those embarking on a planned period of training. Doing too little can significantly stunt any potential progress, whereas doing too much can lead to overtraining and injury, however, a Training Load indicator helps the user identify this perfect balance and plan accordingly early on. A Smart Calorie Counter provides a comprehensive, accurate rundown of how many calories have been burned during a specific workout, particularly useful for those looking to burn fat and lose weight. Though hugely important, fat burning is not singularly restricted to calorie counting - training at the correct intensity is also crucial, and as such, this device utilises a Zone Optimiser to ensure the user continually trains at the optimal intensity and maintains the ideal heart rate for their particular fitness goal, thereby preventing overtraining and maximising results. Those looking to improve fitness will be aware of the difficulty in identifying any obvious, tangible progress other than from studying trends that may or may not exist across a series of fluctuating lap times. However, an integrated Fitness Test delivers physical, quantifiable fitness data, highlighting improvements by providing a resting VO2max score (to be done every 4-6 weeks) that enables the user to monitor the most obvious indicator pertaining to their actual fitness levels. A series of Endurance Programmes provide guidance on how to improve cycling and running performance, whilst a Training Benefit System delivers motivational feedback directly after a workout. Ultimately, all of the
Package Dimensions: 7.0 x 5.2 x 3.0 inches
Languages: English, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish